Best guesses on bus industry up & com... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » April 2009 » Best guesses on bus industry up & coming prosperity « Previous Next »

Clint Hunter (Truthhunter)
Registered Member
Username: Truthhunter

Post Number: 95
Posted From: 24.129.235.190

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 8:02 pm:   

!!! can't help but wonder & wounder over the "near future" prospects for the bus manufacturing industry's financial health. Any bets (non-material based; no better of ones bus, please)e, educated guesses, beliefs, wishes , forecast or relevant "news propaganda" that may suggest it will again follow the corporate welfare example being revisited by the automotive manufactures.

Not that there is anything new in "rome the sequel" or even the carcases that trickle down to our imaginative end of bus refurbishment.
FAST FRED (Fast_fred)
Registered Member
Username: Fast_fred

Post Number: 729
Posted From: 69.19.14.42

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 6:27 am:   

Wits a crew that has ZERO understanding of economics , that claims ANY moneys spent by Gov is "stimulus" and wants to push their proven nonsense "global warming" political grab , you can expect large portions of the highway taxes dumped on Publik Transportation as usual.,

Skool busses and Transits , as well as propping even more the failure called Amtrack.

FF
George M. Todd (George_mc6)
Registered Member
Username: George_mc6

Post Number: 766
Posted From: 76.91.197.153

Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 10:41 am:   

AMTRAK, spelled that way since 1971, brakes, swap.
Clint Hunter (Truthhunter)
Registered Member
Username: Truthhunter

Post Number: 100
Posted From: 24.129.232.82

Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 1:42 pm:   

"zero understand" would be much more generous assessment that I could give those that have been handed your authority. Me thinks they know exactly what they are doing and with the expected results unfolding just as they had planned.The word racket comes to mind! But I won't go there as that might necessitate the removal of this topic. I will just try to focus on the impact to our future supply of buses and parts.
Kevin Black (Kblackav8or)
Registered Member
Username: Kblackav8or

Post Number: 108
Posted From: 24.152.162.226

Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:24 pm:   

The RV industry as a whole has taken it on the chin. Follow the money and who was funneling what where. Bernie Madhoff is one of the latest scandels.. Who did he give money too? Who did AIG's CEO give money too?

As for AMTRAK.. just say no. Billions and billions poured in and I don't think it has ever made any money. What should happen is they should let it go private. The routes that are profitable will remain. Those that aren't will be gone. OK sad right? No because there will be new small excursion and seasonal railroads that will pick up the favorites and run them like cruises with better service and more fun but they won't be running a overpriced slow "airline" When it costs a lot less to fly, unless you have a fear of airplanes, trains should be for fun, not speed or expense.
FAST FRED (Fast_fred)
Registered Member

Post Number: 733
Posted From: 69.19.14.43

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 6:44 am:   

"Bernie Madhoff is one of the latest scandels.."

BM did his Ponzi Scheme with VOLUNTARY money.

Socalist Security does its Ponzi Scheme with FORCED "contributions".

SS planned on "paying" benefits with printed/borrowed currency and wage and price controls to mask the resulting inflation.

Now with borrowing and monetizing (currency creation from thin air) at endless levels,

The SS "promise" will be out the door.

That's CHANGE for those that voted for the Kenyan!

FF
George M. Todd (George_mc6)
Registered Member
Username: George_mc6

Post Number: 768
Posted From: 76.91.197.153

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:53 am:   

Kevin,
How much profit does an airport make?
The Federal subsidy to airports, nationwide radio navigation, control towers, customs and security FAR exceeds Amtrak's total subsidy.

Omnis are nice, aren't they, but tax dollars pay for them.

The only reason I posted what I did, was because I feel that to post on something, and want people to believe you have done some research, it should at least be spelled properly!

I thought this was a bus board!
George
FAST FRED (Fast_fred)
Registered Member

Post Number: 734
Posted From: 69.19.14.18

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 6:48 am:   

"The Federal subsidy to airports, nationwide radio navigation, control towers, customs and security FAR exceeds Amtrak's total subsidy."

And aircraft fuel taxes pay for it!

The landing fees charged by each airport may be huge .

Newark was over $35.00 PER SEAT , weather there was a pax in the seat or it was empty.

Avation pays fro it self so well that they are PROHIBITED from "unwinding " the ticket.

Coast of flying is cheap, but add in TSA fees , Fuel taxes , excise taxes and landing fees and you find the various gov's can take more per ticket than the carrier.

Amtrack is a basic looser , In the NE we have the delight of paying about $15.00 for each Goochie Clad commuter EVERY DAY!!!

FF
David Guglielmetti (Daveg)
Registered Member
Username: Daveg

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 71.154.159.108

Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 7:08 pm:   

Does anyone want to venture a guess as to how the CARB (California Air Resources Board) Truck and Bus rule will impact the bus industry?
Keith Wood (Ft6)
Registered Member
Username: Ft6

Post Number: 97
Posted From: 75.208.179.90

Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 7:36 pm:   

"Does anyone want to venture a guess as to how the CARB (California Air Resources Board) Truck and Bus rule will impact the bus industry?"

I'd guess that there will be a lot of tour operators moving their base of operations to Oregon, Nevada or Arizona. They will route into the People's Republic then back out, putting several hundred extra miles on each week so that they can prove "domiciling" in their new home state, thus being exempted from at least SOME of the new regs.
FAST FRED (Fast_fred)
Registered Member

Post Number: 737
Posted From: 66.82.9.57

Posted on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 7:00 am:   

With its INSANE "Inventory Tax" the CA politicos have driven the local businesses to use Nevada for all their large scale storage of inventory , not only on tax doom day , but all the time.

The truckers are starting to deliver ONLY to the Nevada location, and not bother with the hoops needed to go the last miles.

I would expect the hoops to be high enough for buses to end up with inside CA mostly companies , and the fares would be 25% to 50% higher than in free areas of the USA.

" If the hand offends thee , Cut it off", looks like CA will be an Island in time , for commerce.

Mexico is building container ports/terminals like crazy , so there will be only train trans shipment or local deliveries in CA ports.

The trucks will be Mexican that do US deliveries.

FF

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration