Hydraulic fan drive Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » April 2009 » Hydraulic fan drive « Previous Next »

David Evans (Dmd)
Registered Member
Username: Dmd

Post Number: 297
Posted From: 96.232.132.135

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 8:16 pm:   

Ok i dont know why i cant search the archives but when i get home from work the last thing i need is computor aggravation. Robert Moore is finishing up the long delayed re-power of our old bus and we have a donor Webster hyd. pump from a carpenter transit bus but the proportional valve is needing a rebuild and since it also ran the power steering we need to either find a supplier for the webster valve for rebuild parts or a new more updated valve. I have found that webster was bought up by Danfoss and it seems like the webster parts were phased out (at least the good ones acording to some of the tech reps. We just want to have the fan kick in and out, dont need reversing functions, anyone have a good source (not Nimco or any used stuff)for a Coach savy supplier or any types/brands you have knowledge of. The engine is a 6V71. we dont need the pump) Thanks, and Ian i am still ready for the search lesson.Thanks
George M. Todd (George_mc6)
Registered Member
Username: George_mc6

Post Number: 771
Posted From: 64.55.111.6

Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 4:00 pm:   

Dave,

My bus has a hydraulic radiator fan, and originally had a hydraulic condenser fan also.

All of the components are VICKERS, which just happens to show up in the ads at the top of the page, when you post on hydraulics. They're top notch stuff, and a local dealer will be able to size a motor to your pump, and tell you if the proportioning valve is still necessary. They stock solenoid valves, which tee into both lines to bypass the fluid from the motor, when cooling is not needed.
HTH,
George
David Evans (Dmd)
Registered Member
Username: Dmd

Post Number: 299
Posted From: 96.232.132.135

Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 5:56 pm:   

Thanks George just missed the 430 central closing time for Fluid power. No one wants to call back unless your a company. found several helpful tech reps this week and will post when i get some time what i found. I like that it was at the top of the page (where i should hae seen it)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration