Silver Eagle/Buick Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » April 2009 » Silver Eagle/Buick « Previous Next »

Wayne McLeod (Milo)
Registered Member
Username: Milo

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 208.81.44.17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 9:03 pm:   

Has anyone but me ever seen a Silver Eagle with two 1950's era Buicks built into the roof as skylights? The front of the bus has a big chrome
Buick grill (large vertical chrome bars) built in above the windshields, with the roof of the car sticking up out of the bus roof so that you can see about the top 2/3 of the windows. There is another one sticking up near the back of the bus. Very well done and all painted to match the rest of the bus. This bus was west bound on the trans Canada highway on Sunday morning past. I couldn't get a look at the license plate to see where it was from.
Clint Hunter (Truthhunter)
Registered Member
Username: Truthhunter

Post Number: 146
Posted From: 24.129.235.190

Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 9:25 pm:   

Now that appears like creative busing; I will keep my eyes open if it should head down into the southern Okanagan in B.C.

... & Hello once again Wayne , did you ever get that honda generator (you bought from me in Winnipeg,a few years back)install in your conversion ? Not that we ever get finish converting ! I hoped we would make contact again some day over buses; and what better place on the web ?
clint hunter
Gus Causbie (Gusc)
Registered Member
Username: Gusc

Post Number: 870
Posted From: 208.54.200.10

Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 12:07 am:   

I saw an old Chevy school bus with a VW bus grafted into the roof last year in PA. That was quite a sight and it had been re-powered with a Chevy 350 so it was no slow poke.
Austin Scott Davis (Zimtok)
Registered Member
Username: Zimtok

Post Number: 317
Posted From: 216.37.73.226

Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 9:09 am:   

If it is the one I'm thinking of it belongs to Neil Young....

There is a sitting area up in the "Buick Skylites" so you can look out.

A past drummer of ours (Robert Hall) was invited out to Neil Youngs place in Clifornia and he took a few photos of it sitting in the driveway.

Patrick levenson (Zubzub)
Registered Member
Username: Zubzub

Post Number: 82
Posted From: 76.66.200.72

Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 11:24 am:   

aahhh google

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45501032@N00/2146688792/
copy paste the whole link the site edited it.
pretty nice bus but in my imagination it was better

(Message edited by zubzub on April 24, 2009)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration