Installing generator Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » July 2009 » Installing generator « Previous Next »

john degemis (Degemis)
Registered Member
Username: Degemis

Post Number: 71
Posted From: 68.113.38.62

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 9:26 pm:   

Just ordered an Onan RVQD8000 Downloaded spec sheet so I could have space prepared when it gets here.looks like everything is on the bottom for venting and service. There are no measurements other than length and width of unit. Wanted to make a slide out for service. But with everything going on from the bottom building a slide out to safely carry over 400 lbs looks challenging.
David Lower (Dave_l)
Registered Member
Username: Dave_l

Post Number: 179
Posted From: 67.58.201.132

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 12:54 am:   

John you should be able to make one as I have seen service rigs that have a miller bobcat on a slide out so they can have the welder on the out side and not stink up the interior of the van. you should check if there is a company neer you that installs service bodies on trucks they might have some thing for you or give you advise on one.
Dave L
Roger Baughman (Roger)
Registered Member
Username: Roger

Post Number: 121
Posted From: 69.232.70.176

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 12:58 am:   

John, My slide out for my 12.5 KW Diesel is quite simple. It consist of two metal plates about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick and the lenth of the generator. On top of the metal plates are large ball bearings (about 1 inch in diameter) held inplace ny a metal support made for the bearing to roll in. These are placed right next to each other the full lenth on the plate. The on the bottom of the generator there is a metal channel for the bearings to ride in. Then there is a stop so that the genator can NOT roll out too far. I am sure my generator wheighs at least 400 pounds. This was installed by Marathon Corporation. Good luck, Roger
William Garamella (Nh_wanderer)
Registered Member
Username: Nh_wanderer

Post Number: 16
Posted From: 24.62.162.30

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 7:10 am:   

We have a 4 cylinder Yanmar diesel driving a 12.5 Kohler on a slide and I'm pretty sure this is well over 400 lbs. I put up some photos at <http://casabillisa.posterous.com/genset-slide-for-125-k-yanmar-kohler> Hope this is useful.

NH- Bill
john degemis (Degemis)
Registered Member
Username: Degemis

Post Number: 72
Posted From: 68.113.38.62

Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 1:36 pm:   

Well I am putting it in today. Just load tested it and everything checks out. It is so smoth and very quite. Turns out since everything is vented or serviced from below there is no reson to slide it out.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration