Gm 4107 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » July 2009 » Gm 4107 « Previous Next »

John and Barb Tesser (Bigrigger)
Registered Member
Username: Bigrigger

Post Number: 219
Posted From: 96.42.7.186

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 7:20 am:   

The wife and I went and looked at a gm 4107 for sale yesterday. Nice older conversion. The owner says it came from service in Arizona, yet faintly on the side I can see the lettering for Greyhound Chicago Ill. Would these two things be consistant or would this bus more likely have come out of service on a northern route? I don't have a serial number and probably would do some more investigation if I got serious about buying, just wondered about the difference.
Rob Norgren (Robsedona)
Registered Member
Username: Robsedona

Post Number: 48
Posted From: 75.209.174.57

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 8:00 am:   

My MC5A came out of service from Seattle to LA and you can faintly see the lettering for Greyhound Chicago Ill on both rear baggage doors.It was shipped to San Francisco yard from MCI in 1966.
I think Chicago is the Headquarters for Greyhound and all Coaches had that same lettering on them Back then I do not see this on newer paint jobs for Greyhound.
Rob
Gus Causbie (Gusc)
Registered Member
Username: Gusc

Post Number: 967
Posted From: 208.54.200.22

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 10:53 pm:   

My 4104 was a Trailways and I could read the faint lettering from both Washington DC and PA.

I think these buses got passed around quite a bit due to bus line buyouts and other changes.

Most were also sold to smaller lines when the big ones got new mocels.
John and Barb Tesser (Bigrigger)
Registered Member
Username: Bigrigger

Post Number: 220
Posted From: 96.42.7.186

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 4:37 pm:   

Thanks for the info guys, I kinda figured something like that. The bus really looks clean underneath, not like something that spent 30 years in the salt of winter.
Gus Causbie (Gusc)
Registered Member
Username: Gusc

Post Number: 968
Posted From: 208.54.200.84

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 11:15 pm:   

I forgot to mention that mine started life when new in Tamiami service between Tampa and Miami so I know of three different lines that used it.

There were probably many more before it worked itself down to me.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration