Rear Axle and Drop Box Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » July 2009 » Rear Axle and Drop Box « Previous Next »

Rob Norgren (Robsedona)
Registered Member
Username: Robsedona

Post Number: 50
Posted From: 75.209.174.57

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 7:29 pm:   

OK have Been running 140wt summer and 90wt winter oil with Lucas in the rear end and Drop Box now is Hard to find. Can I run 95/140wt Synthetic oil and Lucas which I can get from a trucking Co. Universal Coach Parts Inc. thought it would be alright. TKS OH its a 1966 MC5A 8V71 no Turbo
Rob

PS it is so great to be Back Have missed this board so much

PSS Once again I Thank Luvrbus for the Drop Box and all the help to get US out of a Big Big Jam what a God send you where and are Susan thanks you also you saved US!!!!!! Call us lost your number 928-301-1988.
RJ Long (Rjlong)
Registered Member
Username: Rjlong

Post Number: 1585
Posted From: 98.192.173.82

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 10:29 pm:   

Rob -

If you want to switch to synthetic (which is very common, actually), I don't think you'd need to supplement it with Lucas.

Royal Purple is one brand that quite a few busnuts have had success with. Here's a link for the differential oil:

http://www.royal-purple-industrial.com/pdfsi/mgearips.pdf

Amsoil is, of course, another synthetic brand that's common, and I think you'll find lots more under the major companies (Chevron, BP, Shell, etc.) if you poke around on their industrial lubricants webpages.

As for me. . . well, I just sort of stick to well-known dino oils, not into the synthetic stuff. Yet.

FWIW & HTH. . .

:-)

(Message edited by rjlong on July 21, 2009)
Rob Norgren (Robsedona)
Registered Member
Username: Robsedona

Post Number: 51
Posted From: 75.208.211.90

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 11:49 am:   

Having looked up Royal Purple Are any of you using this and did you get better fuel mileage after adding this oil as they state on their site?

Tks for the info RJ

Rob

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration