Stone Bennett shifter readout Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » July 2009 » Stone Bennett shifter readout « Previous Next »

Larry & Lynne Dixon (Larry_d)
Registered Member
Username: Larry_d

Post Number: 220
Posted From: 71.111.185.149

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 6:37 pm:   

Was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with Stone Bennett Transmission shifter readout.
I have had 2 since purchase of coach, both have lost lites on first and second gear. Have a tech working on one to maybe see what is wrong.
Just thot someone else had trouble also.
Larry
Darrell Black, DVM (Darrelldvm)
Registered Member
Username: Darrelldvm

Post Number: 40
Posted From: 209.78.171.84

Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 1:23 am:   

LD,
Here's what I've had problems with: The shaft in the shifter gets loose with time due to wear. As the shaft can move to & fro, the electrical contact "buttons" can lose solid contact with the contact spring. This results in flickering and lose of indicator lights. There is a seal on the shifter end of the unit through which the external portion of the shifter rod passes. Replacing that seal helps to stabelize the rod. The other thing I've done is to bend the contactor spring to increase contact with the buttons on the plastic cover.
Larry & Lynne Dixon (Larry_d)
Registered Member
Username: Larry_d

Post Number: 221
Posted From: 71.111.185.149

Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 8:47 pm:   

Thanks Darrell---- I have Donny at the Allison shop in San Bernadito (sp)working on what may be wrong and also sending one of the old ones to him, as both worked and the same thing went wrong with both
I will go under and look at the shifter also.
Will keep you posted. larry

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration