Knoebels Campground/Amusement Park Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » PLACES WE STAY ! » United States » Pennsylvania » Knoebels Campground/Amusement Park « Previous Next »

WEC4104 (65.129.28.97)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 12:33 am:   

Elysburg, PA (Near Bloomsburg, East-Central PA). Knoebels combines a rustic campground with an old time amusement park. I took the wife and 3 boys there last summer (ages 2, 5 & 9) and we all had a ball. They book the weekend reservations months in advance, but we did a mid-week trip as a last minute thing. Their amusement park is a wooded grove filled with classic rides. You can buy individual ride tickets, or an all-you-can-ride day pass. The rides are pretty inexpensive, too. The first day we ran the kids ragged all day, walked back to the bus for dinner at the campsite, then went back to ride more rides at night. The second day we hit their huge pool & water slide area. Knoebels has the largest fresh water swimming pool in PA. Kids loved it.

Campground-wise they had no problem accommodating my 35' GM4104. 40 footers shouldn't be too much problem either, but I'd let 'em know in advance. Strangely enough, all their sites have electric, BUT NO WATER OR SEWER! Of course they have fresh water fill up areas and dump stations available. I guess this is why I have tanks! For our three day stay it wasn't an issue.

If you are looking for a great place to take kids, without dropping a bundle ($) I'd suggest you check this out.
Jerry H. (Coachconversion) (68.80.0.131)

Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 12:01 am:   

Knoebels is a neat vintage park. Fun old wooden roller coasters. I didn't camp there, but did enjoy the park. Worth the trip.

Jerry H.
ED-NJ (24.191.163.130)

Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 6:43 pm:   

Knoebel's is a great place to stay. We stayed last summer with our motorhome. We're finishing our conversion now. Will a bus make it across that bridge or is there another way in?
Tim Hoskinson (Tdh37514151)

Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 9:41 pm:   

We spent two days at Knoebel's summer befor last. At that time my son was 5 daughter 13 wife and myself along with another family our friends. We stayed in our 1957 4104 and our friends in their 36' motorhome. We all had a great time and the staff there went out of their way to make us feel welcome. It shure is nice to know there are still places where old fashioned courtesy is alive and well. When we returned to Ohio I sent them a e mail letting them know how impressed we were with their employees.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration