Anyone using Dish network on RV? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Anyone using Dish network on RV? « Previous Next »

Jim huston (67.250.229.222)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 9:38 pm:   

Now using direct tv and an feed up with thier evil twin, Pegasus. Is any one using dish network on RV. Can you hook up two recievers with out phone line? How about networks?
Thanks for any info
Jim
CoryDaneRTSIIIL (4.17.253.56)

Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 11:01 pm:   

what is your complaint? I have Direct TV and it is great! I have no problem with it except when bad weather makes it fade in and out. Those times I use the Antenna on the roof.
Ive considered Direct TV one of the best Satalite companies, they have always helped me when I needed it. What kind of problem are you having???
Ray D (205.171.72.27)

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 12:21 am:   

I have been using the dish on my motorhome for about 6 years, not one problem.
jmaxwell (66.42.92.13)

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 12:22 am:   

I think most people use Direct in mobile operations; much simpler operation to get a complete set of signals with only 1 satellite than it is to aim one recieving dish at 2 satellites as u must do with DISH. If u have a dual output LNB u can hook up 2 receivers; single LNB---NO. Networks, YES, limited to the ZIP code service area registered with them. Some locals may require re-aiming of the dish just to get the locals, if that is what u refer to by Networks. They use another satellite for many of the locals.
J.C. Barnett (Eagle) (12.220.190.142)

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 2:22 pm:   

I have used Dish for 3 years and have local channels and network channels, Atlanta and LA for your coach you can download a form and mail to dish along with a copy of your coach title and you can receive network channels.
Jim Huston (67.1.185.79)

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 5:37 pm:   

Direct Tv only serves metro area's. They contract with pegasus for ALL rural area's of US. So if you are in a rural zip code you MUST deal with them and they are VERY difficult to deal with. No complaints on Direct TV, just thier evil twin!
Jim
Phil (204.89.170.126)

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 8:08 am:   

I have had both Direct TV and Dish Network. I currently have Direct with NY and LA network. I have it listed as in a mobile unit, sent them a copy of my registration, this is due to FCC regulations. The main reason I switched to Direct is I spend a lot of time in the northeast and the elevation for the Dish Network satilite is much lower in the sky and I had more difficulty clearing trees etc. in some locations. Direct TV is about 10 degrees (?)higher.
Neil (198.81.26.108)

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 8:41 am:   

We have been using Dish for over 5 years. We have LA and NY networks. No phone lines and only one sattelite. If you get a elevation meter it's easy to get the signal. Neil
Jeff (Jeff) (163.230.7.5)

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 12:44 pm:   

I have Dish TV at home and take one of my receivers with me when I am camping. I had a camping trailer before I started my conversion. On a rare occasion, I would have to call Dish TV help line to find out why the system was locked out. It was working by the time I got back to my camper. I would take my portable dish and antenna tuner hit the satellite in less five minutes. Did not subject the wife to the signal tone on the TV as I searched because of the antenna tuner. Now that I am working on the roof toys for the bus I am researching the KVH Tracvision L3 and the Winegard 2222 Movinview. They are equally priced but the KVH L3 says it uses DVB (digital video broadcasting. Thinking... All satellite transmission is digital, what is the big deal? Is it because of the HDTV mandate in a few years with regular broadcasting? The KVH L2 is $500.00 cheaper than the L3 or MV2222. Anyone already research this? Thanks

Jeff
"Take Another Road"
Rustless not Busless in Buckroe
1988 TMC RTS-06

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration