Airlines and stuck air mechanisms Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Airlines and stuck air mechanisms « Previous Next »

brandon s owen (Brando) (65.230.154.120)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 5:41 pm:   

i had my air horn not working since i got the bus. I thought that the valve/button/thingy was broke since it was so old. but i took it off and freed it up with alcohol and w-d40. now it works nice.. is there a product that you can put in the air lines that will lubricate and free up minorly sticky components? like levelers, break parts, ect.....
unknown (66.90.210.219)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 6:12 pm:   

the "THINGY" is called a whistle switch..

I "used" to be a fan of wd-40...but they changed the formula...now use liquid wrench.....it'll even start a diesel....like wd-40 used to
brandon s owen (Brando) (65.230.154.120)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 7:15 pm:   

hey, it worked the other day to help the diesel start! Thanks fer the switch tip! are you as helpful with the actual question as you are with your word power? bye the way, tri flow works well too. you can still get it in bicycle shops. it leaves a teflon coating. OoohJ
John Feld (204.184.224.28)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 8:01 pm:   

Most all truck stops have 'air guard', it will help eliminate the messy gunk that builds up over time in valves and lines. Best preventive measure is to be sure and drain your air tanks properly.

John 4104

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration