Winegard MovinView Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Winegard MovinView « Previous Next »

Jeff (Jeff) (163.230.7.5)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 1:23 pm:   

Still looking at in motion RV dish systems. Has anyone priced the WineGard MovinView? The best price I have found on the net is $2,100.00. Toys are not cheap! Anyone else have any leads? Jeff
1988 TMC RTS-06
Quest (198.29.191.147)

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 3:47 pm:   

I have found little if any value or cost effectiveness in the Satilite Dish that lets you watch TV while you are moving. The tv will work on the antenna just fine, you have to have an antenna if you want to keep up with the weather when it is stormy. The dish is great for good weather and movies, radio, music, what a deal. I got my dish from RonTheBusNut and I didnt pay a third what you are talking about. You need to ask yourself if you really need to buy that expenseive a dish, or, rather, you should ask yourself, would you really USE that expensive a dish. food for thought - -Works for me - quest
Ross Carlisle (Ross) (66.238.216.179)

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 5:32 pm:   

I was thinking the same thing. Also....I was at an RV show last weekend and one of the dealers had a Monaco with a King Dome and one with a MotoSat dish.

The reception with the King Dome was about what I'd expect from a half decent pair of rabbit ears. The MotoSat was better, but everytime the RV moves slightly, the picture quality changed. I thought MotoSat was supposed to track perfectly while in motion. The dealer told me that it does track while in motion, but the picture quality will not match what you see in your house.

To top it all off, another dealer was sitting outside a 5th wheel trailer with a TV sitting on a table and a dish beside it on a stand. The reception was perfect.

I'm glad I went with a cheap dish. It gives me a perfect picture when I'm parked and while underway, a video tape can keep the kids out of trouble.

Ross
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.122.64)

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 5:44 pm:   

RV surplus, or wrecking yards with late model high-end motorhomes? Or how about the high-end conversion outfits themselves, maybe they have a "take-off" available.
JohnC (12.106.199.149)

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 8:50 pm:   

I installed a KVH a couple of years ago and have really enjoyed it. Some advantages include great commercial free digital audio while traveling along with the weather channel and its radar updates while traveling. With a digital satellite receiver you either have a great picture or no picture so I'm surprised at Ross's experience at an RV show. I suspect wiring problems or on site interferenc.

Another pleasant surprise was finding a signal at RV parks with lots of trees. By moving slowly forward with the TV and satellite operational and receiving an intermittent signal you could find a spot between the limbs for a good signal.

I have enjoyed my satellite connection over the years, but I don't for a minute miss the joy of setting it up manually, and trust me I got very good at it. I still carry a backup dish and found the in motion signal to run around 60 compared with 90 for the larger manual discs. While 50 -60 signal strength provides the same quality of picture, you will lose the signal sooner when rain approaches, or as you travel to the North
CoryDaneRTSIIIL (198.29.191.148)

Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 6:30 am:   

My experience with ANY dish in bad weather is you will lose the program, and if you are in Tornado Alley, looking to see if the tornado is coming your way, you need a antenna, not the dish for it will blank out. This is not the fault of the dish, it is a fact of dish operations. This is not a hardship at all, and I use the antenna for the stereo also. It all works - Works for me - cd
Phil (204.89.170.126)

Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 7:54 am:   

I thought about an in-motion dish but the cost stopped me. I am keeping my manual one and am now thinking about sat radio for going down the road, $10 bucks a month and the equipment isn't that much.
Gary Carter (68.24.100.155)

Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 1:22 pm:   

You can also use the older style moto-sat that uses a standard DSS antenna that folds down on the roof. This will automaticly find the satellite when parked. Also just checked campers choice catalog. The show and automatic Winegard for $825 and a crankup unit for $180.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration