Mystery Sender on HT740 Allison. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Mystery Sender on HT740 Allison. « Previous Next »

Jim-Bob (152.163.252.163)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 8:26 pm:   

There is a sender on the very bottom of the bell housing of my HT740 Allison. It is brass with two screw terminals & looks like a magnetic pickup for a tach. But it isn't where the flywheel teeth
are. Does anybody know what this sender is for? It is presently disconnected but there are a pair of wires that look like they should be connected to it. It is not the reverse light switch nor the
neutral safety switch. The bus (Eagle 15) seems to run & shift O.K.

Jim-Bob
Henry R. Bergman, Jr. (Henryofcj) (63.224.197.10)

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 7:30 pm:   

Torque convertor oil temp gage sender? Beats me. Henry of CJ
Booker (209.209.197.253)

Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 8:01 pm:   

I am trying to get all the switches to hook up our jake brake called Allison dealer to find where the converter lock up plug was.They told me to look at the very bottom of the converter housing there would be 4 1/4 in plugs one was on a boss block about and in. square and tall. The fourth plug to the right was the lock up port so if that is where the sender is it might be part of a jake set up.
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.122.214)

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 5:13 pm:   

Jim-Bob-- do you think somebody just stuck an old sender (instead of a pipe plug) in the drain hole of the flywheel housing?
Jim-Bob (152.163.252.163)

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 11:44 pm:   

Don't know Geoff. I will check when I get a chance. Busting my hump to get ready for summer vacation bus trip. Wife thinks I'm nuts for overhauling the blower on our 4104 with just two weekends to go. Told her I work best under the gun!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration