Mexico Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Mexico « Previous Next »

Stephen Fessenden (Sffess) (148.245.121.1)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 8:38 pm:   

I am down in Cuernavaca Mexico for language school after taking my grand children to Mexico City for the summer.

There are a lot of intercity buses on the road down here that we don't have. It is a bus lovers dream to watch. Some old flexes in good condition, a lot of DINAs but some look like Eagles and some look like MCIs. No Prevosts so far. Newest buses are Mercedes, Volvo, and a few other names. These look like a Van Hool or a Prevost H3.

Miss getting on the board but I'm learning Spanish. This is a great, safe old town. I am staying in a house with a family but there is an RV park here. I'll try and check it out.
Greg Roberts (Gregeagle20) (24.175.223.137)

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 9:32 pm:   

You are doing exactly what I want to do. I have been looking inot several spanish immersion schools in Mexico and have been considering busing down to Meridia on the Yucatan. There are plenty of RV parks but I am not sure how secure and safe we would be on such a trip. What do you think? Would you drive your bus into Mexico for two weeks at a time?
Neil (198.81.26.108)

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 9:31 am:   

We have driven all over Mexico, and we never had a problem. We don't always stay in a RV park. We have had people run a Elect. cord across the street so we could hook up.
I recomend that you just go.
We have stayed on the beach near Cancoon, Mazatlan, and of course all over Baja.
Just don't act like the ugly American and treat the people like you would like to be treated and you should have a great trip.
Remember to get insurance. My RV alliance covers the bus, but you will need Mexican liability.
Neil
Peter E (Sdibaja) (200.56.111.58)

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 10:43 am:   

Neil... I agree 100%. I feel safer here than I do in the States.
I took a week long trip up to San Francisco area last week and had more anxiety there than in any part of Mexico. Of course, there are bad neighborhoods, but that is a universal thing… does not matter what country you are in.
Insurance: liability insurance must be written by a Mexican company, but do not get dual coverage… see http://www.rvaa.com/articles/rv_mexico.php3
Peter
mrjimmystewart (68.105.105.16)

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 11:00 am:   

HOw about road conditions and low overpasses? is it difficult to fit a large wide bus on their small poorly maintained roads? In Tiajuana, I've had trouble with my pickup truck, but maybe thats just parts of that city.
Greg Roberts (Gregeagle20) (24.175.223.137)

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 9:30 pm:   

I would be very interested to know specifics of where your favorite places and routes are in Mexico. I am near Matamoros/Monterrey (McAllen, TX) Also, is it less expensive to vacation there?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration