Eagle suspension adjustment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Eagle suspension adjustment « Previous Next »

Eagle 10 (204.181.141.42)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 12:04 pm:   

I just thought I would share our Eagle suspension adjustment experience with all you Eagle owners. I took it to a local bus garage and they took it up one half an inch and could'nt do anymore with it. I have a small pit outside in the driveway for the bus. My wife and I bought the 1&7/8 inch wrench for $28 at NAPA needed for the job. I hooked a comealong on the wrench and the nut turned slowly. It took us 7-8 hours of slow turning in the dirt but it is now level. One complete nut turn = 2 threads =1/8 inch gain on the thread adjustment. Jack up the rear of the bus to take the strain off the suspension. Use plenty of W-D 40. It is really sloooow going.
two dogs (67.30.23.8)

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 1:40 pm:   

Interisting...

I have a '78 eagle (05...I think) have always been curious about the suspencion..I've always wondered if there were pros & cons over the airbag system...I've "thought" that the advantage might be ,when I park at a site ,that's the height & attitude it will stay..have also heard that when all of the adjustment is used up, there is nothing else can be done,and, rumors that my o5 was built in Belgium with inferior steel ,that readily rusts..I have some cancer on the body behind & above the drivers position...it won't take much to fix it,will use fiberglass,am fairly experienced with it..I'm always interisted in finding out things about it,and I do realize your 10 was made in the U.S. with lots better quality steel..
Mike SS (208.36.255.162)

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 6:42 pm:   

The 05 I got had very miner rust until I started to take off the skin and found out the real meaning of PANDORA'S box. After all said and done it took 182 man hours and a lot of steel. For light rust use ossfo (sp?) I am still waiting for the suspension adjustment untill It's loaded and done. Thanks for the tip on how to.
Mike SS
drivingmisslazy (24.196.191.70)

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 10:44 pm:   

The splines on the torsalastic suspension can be re-adjusted I have been told. Something like the rear suspension on an old VW bug. This is the course adjustment. the nuts on the bolt is the fine adjustment.
Richard

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration