NEED HELP IN INDIANA!! Clutch went ou... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » NEED HELP IN INDIANA!! Clutch went out! Scenicruiser w/ spicer 4 speed(i think) « Previous Next »

SpaceCruiser (204.90.20.25)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 9:58 pm:   

My buddy took our bus to Indiana w/ his wife, the cluch went out in Hebron, IN. Please repond with recomendation or knowledgable of shop in area of I-65 & SR-30. Has anyone had any dealing with Industrial Engines in Higland, IN.
Thanks,
Doug Dickinson
two dogs (67.30.23.124)

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 10:30 pm:   

I know there is a better answer, but first I'd be looking in the yellow pages for truck repair,if not in that town,the next big one...
two dogs (67.30.23.124)

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 10:38 pm:   

I think you can get the yellow pages online

I wonder if your buddy knew about pressing hard on the service brake,after releasing parking brake
Doug (68.83.22.146)

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 9:09 am:   

I'd be looking for a bus company rather than a Truck shop.

In my opinion and hearing the experiences of others....you will always pay more and often don't quite get things right at a truck shop.
two dogs (67.30.23.95)

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 12:01 pm:   

sorry...the guy was acting like he wanted "some" kind of answer...QUICK...I was just thinking there were 100 truck shops to every bus shop
Don KS/TX (65.150.145.171)

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 8:33 am:   

Gosh Doug, my experiences have been quite the opposite! I found that a truck shop that rips people off is out of business in short order. (truckers do a lot of talking to each other about such things). Most bus places have never even seen a scenicruiser, and you will pay lots for their kids to learn something other than what makes a brand new MCI or Prevost tick.
don (Bottomacher) (216.130.152.51)

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 5:41 pm:   

Don, you appear to have been more fortunate that I have. I have never been able to choose a truck stop (or bus shop) when I broke down, and I always found myself at the mercy of whatever shop that I was able to get to. While some may rely on repeat business, a simple look at the sheer number of trucks on the road seems to indicate that they can do quite well by just hammering the unlucky ones who end up in their neck of the woods with an emergency, no matter what those victims say about the shop on the radio afterwards. It's hard to be choosy when you're broken down a thousand miles from the address on your license plate.
two dogs (67.30.23.100)

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 6:04 pm:   

YEP...you are at their mercy...but,if they know about trucks,they can figure out a bus...
HEY SPACECRUISER,WHAT FINALLY HAPPENED ?
Doug Dickinson (Dougd470) (24.207.251.176)

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 11:26 pm:   

Hey Spacecruiser

Interesting name you have there. Can you e-mail me off-line My e-mail is dougdickinson appersand hotmail dot com (so the autogleaners don't pick this up).

Doug
St Louis MC9

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration