SCRUBS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » July 2003 » SCRUBS « Previous Next »

Gary Stadler (Boogiethecat) (68.7.217.217)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 12:23 pm:   

In my 50+ years of getting messy, I've NEVER come across such a neat product as "Scrubs" for cleaning my hands and other things. I thought I'd try to talk all of you into trying a bucket...no I don't own the company, I simply have tried EVERYTHING to get the crud off of my hands after a greasy afternoon under the bus, and nothing works like these. The wife's happy too because the kitchen sink is no longer greasy and I'm waaay cleaner!!

Basically a bunch of pre-moistened towels in a little bucket, these things are magic. The stuff on them dissolves grease so well and is so gentle on my hands (and even smells good) that I've been totally astounded.
Besides all that, try cleaning a nice ugly greasy part off your engine with them... it goes really fast, and when you're done, the greast is on the towel and your hands are clean as a bonus!!
They even cleaned the diesel-encrusted wheel grime off my rear wheels that a pressure washer wouldn't touch!

Also I found that when applying black "sikaflex", keeping one of these towels handy is amazingly efficient at cleaning any messes made... the stuff neutralizes the sikaflex's ability to stick to anything but the towel...and you end up with a super clean job without having to resort to solvents. The stuff ends up on the towel only!

Oh yeah... new steel tubing from the metal yard that is coated with oil? No more laquer thinner soaked rags to clean that up... one "scrub" towel followed by one paper towel, and a few 20 footers are ready to paint!

BUT don't try cleaning grease off of carpet. It works really well but it takes EVERYTHING from the carpet, including it's natural ability to resist dirt, leaving the spot you cleaned one of the worst dirt magnets around. It would probably work if you scotchguarded it again...

Have I rambled enough? These things are usually $16 per bucket which is well worth it, but online get a case of 'em here for a lot less... and they deliver for free within a day or two at most!!!

http://www.shoplet.com/office/db/gSDYM3088.html

Have fun. Get dirty with impudence!!!

Gary
dougwoodin (24.170.163.179)

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 2:41 pm:   

Just ordered a case[6 buckets] of SCRUBS hand cleaner towels, 72 towels per bucket.-$64.63 & free shipping.[such a deal!!] printed out reciept and it says "1- SCRUBS hand cleaner towels, 72 count bucket-$64.63."
Called customer service, The lady I talked to had no clue about how many I should be getting?? I explained that the ad listed a CASE[6-buckets] is listed as $64.63. She read the ad, still didn't know. She says call back if I only get one bucket. Nothing is ever simple.!!I guess I'll just have to wait and see what arrives.
Paul Tillmann (Paultillmann) (24.105.194.162)

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 5:04 pm:   

Just ordered a case myself. I think Gary should ask for a commission!! That was the cheapest price I found. Another site had it for $77 per case. Thanks for the tip, Gary.
Richard Bowyer (Drivingmisslazy) (24.196.191.70)

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 5:09 pm:   

I have a bucket of "Fast Wipes" that also does a great job. WD-40 seems to work just as good though. Especially for getting the grease out of the grain of your skin and around fingernails. I actually found out about this accidentally.
Richard
bill keel (Crptklnr) (198.81.26.104)

Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 8:57 am:   

Hi Guys,
Another little tip that works like gang-busters. Have your better half order you a tube of "Silicone Glove" from her Avon lady. $2. and change. lasts forever. Work it into the cuticles and under your nails.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration