Compressor governor lube Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » July 2003 » Compressor governor lube « Previous Next »

Ed Jewett (Kristinsgrandpa) (171.75.99.88)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 7:38 pm:   

I had to disassemble and clean my compressor governor (D-2) and am wondering what lube should ber used on the O rings. I accessed the Bendix web-site and their 4 page rebuild/repair info pamphlet was basically the same as the maintenance manual that came with the coach.
It said "lubricate the O rings etc. with lubricant provided".
Sewing mach/3in1/gun oil/etc all will gum up after a while and what ever they put in it when new/rebuilt did also,as the intake/exhaust valve was stuck
Will a silicone base grease/oil hurt anything? The engine was replaced recently and the governor seems to have been replaced along with a overhaul on the compressor. Still shiney and the insides show no wear. I assume the O rings are neoprene and should be ok in silicone but I wanted to ask someone with some experience in this matter, since air press while on the road is a necessity.
Thanks in advance.

Ed
I've got a Plan.
two dogs (67.30.23.51)

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 8:49 pm:   

ahhh.......the ol' d-2 air govenor....everybody needs an extra one ($25)...just wash it clean it solevent , check the o-rings & make sure they aren't cracking, light film of silicone greese, put it in a baggie,I usually changed them every 20,000 t0 25,000 miles,just put the new one on & keep cleanig & rotateing them
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.120.42)

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 11:37 am:   

I just use WD-40, it never seems to swell the O rings.
two dogs (67.30.23.56)

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 11:59 am:   

yep....that or silacone spray....another hint, after you have rebuilt your spare,and have it in a baggie, put it in two heavy old socks & put it in the glovebox,the socks prevent the baggie from wearing a hole,due to road vibrations
Henry R. Bergman, Jr. (Henryofcj) (63.224.197.10)

Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 3:14 pm:   

Do the socks need to be clean or can we use old dirty smelly ones? :)
two dogs (67.30.23.78)

Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 5:25 pm:   

Henry....use your smelly ones

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration