Dinette Tables Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » August 2003 » Dinette Tables « Previous Next »

FAST FRED (67.75.112.37)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 - 3:36 pm:   

It is becoming more common for folks to want a full sized dinette .

The advantages are many , becomes a doubble bed easily , storage is easy under the seats , and some small stuff can even fit in a cabinet in the seat back.

Usually the dimension of the seat back is half the table width.

But as there is a huge difference in the hardness of sleeping foam compared to sitting foam fear not , the inlaws will leave quickly if bunked on a plywood table, and kids never notice!

Here is a drawing that shows how to be comfortable on those long days you would rather be inside.

A simple right angle is uncomfortable as you sit down,

These dimensions are fine for dinette seats.

Will post the dimensions of Lounge seats (quite different) as soon as I locate them.

FAST FRED

mark pool (Mark) (66.43.13.98)

Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 - 5:03 pm:   

Great!

Hi, Fred

I like the idea, but what did you have in mind at the two ends when using it as a bed? It looks like the sloping 'seat' section would make the head and foot areas sloping, too!

I plan on building a dinette (for the kids) and would like to use your idea.

Thanks!

Mark
'75 Gillig 636D
FAST FRED (67.75.110.83)

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 5:45 am:   

Actually the pillow at the head end takes up any dip from the seat bottom, and its not normally noticable at the foot.

For those that can use it ,
here's the drawing of the Lounge seat.

FAST FRED

joe shelton (Littlewind) (64.91.160.116)

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 10:19 am:   

The dinette I designed and built for our 4106 is unique in that it provides comfortable seating for 4 adults, including high backs for head support, lap & shoulder safety-belts, reclining backs, both seats can face forward or aft, and of course it can be made into a bed.

Have used it for two years, works great. Am building a new one that will be easier to use.

Joe
Mark (66.43.13.4)

Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 10:00 pm:   

Hi Joe

- Hope you get this!

I am quite curious about your design. Can you share some more details as to how you were able to design the seats to face fore or aft? That would be a very versatile dinette!

Thanks

Mark
FAST FRED (67.75.110.75)

Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 5:25 am:   

Easiest is to go to New Orleans and take a ride on their river view antique trolly.

They have em,

First choice would be to find an old Superior RV , and buy the seats , there are fully upholstered and face fwd for travel , aft to use the dinette , and fold flar to use for bunk.

Best part is there very comfortable ,
not like a chunk of foam on a plywood slab.

FAST FRED

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration