First cold beer is on me!!!!!!! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » August 2003 » First cold beer is on me!!!!!!! « Previous Next »

jim mci-9 (209.240.198.60)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 11:33 am:   

don.. you talked me into it.....i bought a 12 cu ft electric house style frige from home depot..... 299 plus tax....its an EWAVE brand... home depot says its their house brand.... gonna be fun doing remodel work.... but now the beer will be cold!!!!!!
two dogs (67.30.23.39)

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 1:16 pm:   

lets all go over to Jim's....IT'S A PARTY...(hey jim,look at #2426934265)

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 1:51 pm:   

ok..... its finally inside.... removed the old refrige..... tore out all the gas piping... electrical... found an inner fender for the rear duals...WOW>>>>.... kinda changes things.... so its gonna sit 10" higher than planned...gotta make a frame for that.... but in the meantime, its plugged in... running.... its time for a beer.... 'till tomorow...
two dogs (67.30.23.10)

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:16 pm:   

Lets have one more beer and then get rid of that inside dual .......:)
Jerry W Campbell (69.59.208.105)

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:44 pm:   

Hi Jim,
I'm working on a crown and am planning on getting an E-Wave from Home Depoe. Could you please give me the outside dimensions. There's no Home Depoe in the neighborhood.
Here's a message I copied from one of the boards. I thought it might be of interest.

Quote"
We recently completed testing a 12 cu ft 120v fridge new to this country under name of E-Wave, available at Home Depot for $299.00.

We supply folks that live off the grid with Solar Systems and Propane Refrigeration and are always looking for more efficient 120v fridges.

We ran the unit for two weeks, 80f ambient temps, left the automatic defrosters hooked up. The machine averaged 800w per 24 hour cycle. This could be improved by disconnecting the auto defrost ! By far the best unit we have tested to date.

We also have experience with the European model referred to on the board as being "super" efficient ? It is smaller than the E-Wave machine, 10 cu ft, manual defrost and uses aprox 1200w per 24 hour cycle under same test conditions and cost about $1000 !! Dimensiions are also Europoean, very tall !

I relocated the test E-Wave to my solar powered house in Baja 3 months ago and it is working perfectly !
"EndQuote

Thanks
Jerry

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 5:45 pm:   

so far i like it..... it weighs about 80 lbs.... the door is not reversible..... outside dimensions are:::24" deep.. 26.1/2" wide...66" tall... the instructions inside thw unit say to keep it 4" from a wall...mine is up against one side wall...has 2" clearance in back... and also has the old cut-out acess panel for the old refrige i removed....GE makes a similar unit... but it costs 200$ more... and is not stocked.. so add $5o for freight... the ge will be drop shipped... and can not be picked up at the store...so the EWAVE was a no-brainer for me....when i move to the mci, i plan on using this refrig....don ks/tx had a 14 cu ft in his 4905.... it was nice... i dont have tha much room.... this 12 cu ft looks huge in my holiday rambler imperial 5000....i almost forgot... as to effiency, the tag on this one says that it has the lowest energy costs of all units this size...400kwh/year....its estimated operating cost is $34....i took this info straight off the tag on the door...hope it helps....my email is jimcat2@webtv.net..... lemme know how it turns out...jim
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.120.117)

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 9:10 pm:   

Another popular choice in apartment refrigerators is the the European made GE refer from Sam's Club, 11.7 cu ft manual defrost @ $299.00. I bought one, and then saw the ultimate-- a stainless steel and black Sanyo 10.3 at Costco for $379.00. It is a couple of inches shorter than the GE, but it's energy use is rated the same at 1.6 amps even though it is frost free. I bought the Sanyo and sold the GE! I can't tell the capacity difference inside.

--Geoff
'82 RTS CA
Chris 85 RTS (207.239.72.45)

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 3:56 pm:   

I was wanting to get the next size down at Home Depot, the Franklin Chef, 8 cuft. It is only available in white. They make a smaller one that is available in black/stainless, but it is only 4 cuft. Bummer. I think the Sanyo above is too tight a fit for the space I allocated, 24 inches.
Greg Roberts (Gregeagle20) (66.7.134.190)

Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 11:06 am:   

They do make the Franklin Chef 8 cu.ft. in black/stainless. It might be that your HD does not have that on in stock. I have one and I am using it in my bus. It uses 1.4 amps. I have yet to test to learn the actual amp hour over 24 hours but it appears to be rather miserly and certainly makes the beer cold!

Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 11:10 am:   

i had to remove a wall to take the old unit out...then i also removed my propane furnace....it was in the way also... and i didn't use it anyway.... the new EWAVE fits where the old 7-8 cu ft was... but i need to build a pedestal to sit it on.... there is a fenderwell inside the coach thats in the way....
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.120.12)

Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 11:40 am:   

The stainless steel Sanyo 10.3 cu ft measures w 23 3/4 x d 27 x h 58 1/4" It uses 1.6 amps, but not all the time it is running. Even though Costco sells it, they don't have it in all their stores (at least around here), and I don't find it sold on the web in stainless steel.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration