Crossing Illinois-update anyone? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » August 2003 » Crossing Illinois-update anyone? « Previous Next »

Lorin David McCleary (Wacoastmci) (148.78.243.123)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 1:43 pm:   

Benefitted greatly from reading the archives. I'll be driving our new (to us) MCI back to WA from Indiana and am plannning to cross Illinois on I-74. There was some talk in the archives of bus conversions having to stop and cross the weight scales in Illinois, just like trucks and commercial busses do. Can anyone update me on the current situation (Aug/'03) Thanks!
Peter Broadribb (Madbrit) (216.67.215.19)

Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 2:35 pm:   

I would read the signs approaching the scales. You are driving a motorhome, nothing else and unless it states that motorhomes have to stop, then drive on by.

I am assuming that this is a converted bus and the title does say motorhome?

When I picked up my bus (unconverted) and drove it home, I was told not to enter scales by the California Highway Patrol as I was driving on a temporary tag and the bus was not in service and had been purchased by a private individual, not a company.
two dogs (67.30.23.63)

Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 2:48 pm:   

yep...every state is different,like he said ,kinda depends wheater it's a passenger bus or a motorhome,on the title...when I drove my bus home, they said I wasn't "really" supposed to be driveing a bus with seats in it ,unless I had a passenger endorsement on my com. licence..I just drove home & "hope'd" all the way
Dave Wheat (24.197.182.248)

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 9:30 pm:   

I drive a commercial motorcoach through IL frequently and have never had to stop at a weight station. Signs do not indicate for buses to stop. Press on. Only stopped once going into northern MO. and British Columbia.

Dave Wheat

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration