Air mattress ... what brand is best f... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » September 2003 » Air mattress ... what brand is best for the money? « Previous Next »

Merlin (24.208.173.230)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:24 am:   

We've looked at the very expensive air beds (Select Comfort and Nautilus) but have also noticed some better priced air beds available on-line. Specifically, the Bear Air mattress. Checking the web page, I see that the same company must sell under two other names ... products are generally the same. Has anyone purchased the Bear or similar mattress for either home or bus? Thoughts and experiences?
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.120.144)

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:40 am:   

I bought an air bed off the internet for my house and liked it so much we bought another one for our bus. We got a great deal from:

http://www.AirBedz.com/air-index.htm

We got the Celenia, which is their top of the line bed. You might ask about FMCA or Good Sam discounts-- they used to run an ad for RV'ers with a discount. Also, they have specials and returns once in a while.

--Geoff
'82 RTS CA
Don KS/TX (69.19.16.1)

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 1:41 pm:   

We bought one from Select Comfort with all the fanciest bells and whistles, nearly $1500. I have slept on some of the so called cheapies, could not tell the difference. Wireless dual controls and super quiet compressors don't seem like things that are worthwhile to me.
neil (148.78.243.24)

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 8:06 pm:   

we bought our's from the mattress lady,8 years ago and have been very pleased.It was about one half what the Select Comfort was. We are full timers so that means we have spent about 400 nights on it.
she has an ad in the back of FMCA mag.If you can't find her Email me and I'll find her # Neil
Gary Carter (68.24.223.243)

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:44 pm:   

We have had a select comfort for at least 10 years. We get the cheapest one they make in the size we required for both our house and our bus. We have manual controls and noisy compressor, but they are used so little who cares. Price was around $500 and it sleeps just as good as the top of the line.
David & Lorna Schinske (Davidschinske) (64.24.236.62)

Posted on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 5:02 pm:   

David is sleeping on a queen sized Ozark Trail air mattress from Wal-Mart. To protect it from our cat, we glued 2 of the $12.?? convoluted mattress pads together to get enough length/width to wrap down the sides of the mattress. We then stuck the old unfeatherbed mattress pad (from the old bed) ontop of the foam pad. This last step was probably unneeded but I had the pad and couldn't use it on anything else. This is a very commfortable bed. We will probably need to add a bit more air as we used the hand pump that came with the bed and it didn't pump the bed as full as the electric pump that I used for the pop-up's air mattresses. Of course the pump is here in TN while the bed is in NC. The cheap bed sleeps very well (this from one used to a waterbed)but I only slept on it 2 nights. David has been sleeping on it for the past 5 nights and he likes it. The queen mattress with 2 foam pads were well under $100. I can replace it several times for what a select comfort or other air bed costs. This bed will go in the bus whenever (if ever) we get to that point.

Lorna
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.121.115)

Posted on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 9:29 pm:   

There is no comparison between a select comfort-type bed (and pad) with the individual firmness controls and an air mattress. I've done both. If Lorna ever got to test the difference she would agree. Like they say, you spend 1/3rd of your life sleeping in bed, why not make it a good one?

--Geoff
'82 RTS CA

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration