MCI 7 Steering Upgrade Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » September 2003 » MCI 7 Steering Upgrade « Previous Next »

Bob (Bobb) (69.19.6.157)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 7:00 pm:   

Any body know the approximate cost of the steering upgrade by Meritor for the MCI 7 as described in MCI service bulletin 174A ..

Thanks!
edroelle@yahool.com (68.61.85.10)

Posted on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 10:19 am:   

If this was the idler arm, it was a safety concern for cracked arms, rather than an upgrade.

Because of this, Meritor/MCI offered the arm for about $85. for a period of time. I don't know what the price is now, or whether they offer that price break.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
Peter Broadribb (Madbrit) (216.67.217.120)

Posted on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 2:26 pm:   

This modification affected MC-8 models too. I got mine at the price break, but that was a couple of years ago.

The problem was that at low speed, (like when parking, etc) they had experienced breakage, possibly if the driver bumped a curb when turning. I was told it was not a high speed problem. But I was advised to change it out, it was the steering arm, the curved arm which comes from the axle to the drag link.

Break the arm = no steering = Ooops.

Peter.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration