Ideas needed for son an easy welding ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2011 » March 2011 » Ideas needed for son an easy welding project « Previous Next »

Teresa (Happycamperbrat)
Registered Member
Username: Happycamperbrat

Post Number: 80
Posted From: 173.25.102.41

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 04, 2011 - 3:26 am:   

my son is taking welding in his senior year at high school. He wants to make something for the bus. I emailed him a video on Sean's site that showed a really cool folding ladder, but my son says it would be too hard. So I need to come up with something easier. I need everything, so nothing would be off limits here. But I need to learn welding myself so Im not sure what to suggest. Do you guys have any ideas? Links I could send him of photos would be cool too! It doesnt have to be practicle, it could just be decorative....... but it needs to be something for the bus
marvin pack (Gomer)
Registered Member
Username: Gomer

Post Number: 1264
Posted From: 69.69.20.25

Posted on Friday, March 04, 2011 - 10:52 am:   

Teresa; How about Ramps,step stool for the front door,sliding tray for the bays[Kitchen,Grill etc} Just my thought so far!

Gomer
Jim Wilke (Jim Bob) (Pd41044039)
Registered Member
Username: Pd41044039

Post Number: 605
Posted From: 184.0.13.120

Posted on Friday, March 04, 2011 - 11:00 am:   

Maybe a stainless waste or water tank? Battery racks. Genset or luggage bay slide outs.
Dave Walker (Chrome_dome)
Registered Member
Username: Chrome_dome

Post Number: 233
Posted From: 75.208.132.219

Posted on Friday, March 04, 2011 - 11:48 am:   

Bike rack for the back bumper area that swings out to get to the motor.Or for the front?

Couch frame for inside. Bed frame that raises up for storage.

Table legs that can fold out of the way and the table can fold down.

Make sure he learns aluminum welding (Helli-arc )and gas too.

Dave
C. K.. Sparks (Kozycade)
Registered Member
Username: Kozycade

Post Number: 64
Posted From: 71.161.48.238

Posted on Friday, March 04, 2011 - 12:55 pm:   

hey there Teresa. Welding was one of my fave classes in high school. What you didnt mention was the type of welder being used for the project. I persume you are refering to the good ole stick welder so I will give suggestions based on that.

A bbq chef set is one that I did with a latle, fork, tongs, and spoon out of smaller pieces of flat stock which were cool. Theres so many things that he could make. A 3d octogon or even somthing usefull like a large socket made from flat stock for wheel bearings or such.

A christmas tree stand for when your on the road. A small utility trailer for the lugguage bay to haul around camp that folds up or a build bbq out of pipe sections or pipe planters. A fire pit to set out while you camp. If you dont have a pulling hitch for you bus...

If you like playing cowgirl and tote some shooting iron he could make you a revoling spining target to stay in practice on. Theese are some of the things I have done over the years.

If you go to http://www.millerwelds.com/interests/projects
and look toward the middle of the page in threre idea gallery they have tons of projects to give you more ideas.

Jus my threes cents of a wooden nickel

Kade
Teresa (Happycamperbrat)
Registered Member

Post Number: 82

Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 1:27 am:   

Oh great! Some awesome ideas here! Next year Im going to do a welding class myself and these are all things I want to do, especially the sliders. I think that we settled on him doing a scaffold for me right now. He is doing the welding with the stick but has access to all kinds of neat tools in his class and his teacher loves my bus (he is a closet bus nut) so he can get good help. Thanks!
larry currier (Larryc)
Registered Member
Username: Larryc

Post Number: 348
Posted From: 207.200.116.13

Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 7:17 pm:   

How about a hidden gun safe in the driver area and the sleeping area.
Teresa (Happycamperbrat)
Registered Member

Post Number: 83

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 3:58 am:   

gun safe? ha! I gotta admit, that is one I had not given any consideration to in the conversion..... Im vegan and dont shoot animals, but never know when a single woman traveling with 2 kids could use one.....

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration