This might be worth watching: 1963 GM... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2011 » March 2011 » This might be worth watching: 1963 GM 4106 bus conversion « Previous Next »

Laryn Christley (Barn_owl)
Registered Member
Username: Barn_owl

Post Number: 693
Posted From: 71.254.38.213

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 12:18 am:   

I have a thing for GM. Having a TA and a clean body might allow this to go higher than most.

Ebay Item number: 120694466715

1963 GM 4106 with a great history. This coach left Michigan and started her life on the road with TNM&O (Greyhound Bus Lines) in Texas. She was then hired on at Empire Bus Lines in Washington. In the early 80’s she retired her life of carrying passengers. Her next adventure was to be converted in a private coach. She started this chapter of her life in Fresno, CA. The gentleman who did the original conversion was a skilled woodworker who specialized in making cabinetry for boats. As you can see the quality of his work still shows today. In the early 2000 she would move on to a new owner in San Diego, CA. This owner replaced the original 8V71 with a 8V71TA and V730 Allison automatic transmission.

In 2007 we decided we loved what we saw in her. So after spending her life on the West Coast we drove her across country. After arriving in North Carolina from a great and trouble free trip, we anticipated this would be a coach we would have for many years to come. With that said we decided to go through and over her from bumper to bumper with a high level of expectation we made a lot of changes/updates. These changes/updates included; engine, drive train, chassis and conversion. There are too many changes/updates to list everything, so here are a few.

new muffler new air filter system larger trans cooler

air bags air hoses & lines radius rod bushings

brakes, drums & hardware DD3 brake chambers

3 new roof airs refrigerator 19 gallon hot water heater

20 KW diesel generator pluming electrical

Custom sun shades new passenger & driver window

The pictures show two chairs, we still have the new Flex Steel couch if you prefer.

Because of a change in job hours we are having to look at her sitting in the drive way. So with a heavy heart I am hoping to sell her to someone who will be able to enjoy her as much as we did and have more time with her than we do.

I will be happy to answer any question you have. I have all my receipts and paperwork as well as a paper trail of her history.

I have this coach listed locally as well and reserve the right to end this auction.

Registered Member

Post Number: 694

Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 12:19 am:   

Two more:

RJ Long (Rjlong)
Registered Member
Username: Rjlong

Post Number: 1793
Posted From: 71.195.124.20

Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 4:01 am:   

Laryn -

It must have spent some time in Fresno - it's got three roof airs on a 35' coach!

Very nice, will be interesting to see what kind of response he gets.

I thought I knew most of the busnuts and their coaches (especially the GMs) here in the Fresno area over the years, but this coach doesn't seem familiar. . . must be losing it a little!

:-)
Registered Member

Post Number: 695

Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 8:04 am:   

I was told it is also listed here on the BNO classified ads. I think the BNO classifieds are soon to be the go to place for a national search for buses and related items. That's great!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration