Questions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2004 » February 2004 » Questions « Previous Next »

Ace (24.28.41.194)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 9:39 pm:   

As most of you already know I have purchased a Prevost H3-40. I'm still trying to figure out why there isn't any dash lights but that's another story.
What I would like to know is what are the dime size blue lights along the interior roof line above the seats located about avery 4-5 feet inside the roof trim? They (the one that works) comes on with the running lights, as should the dash lights.

Another question...

There are 6 pigtails protruding from the wall at floor level about every 6 feet or so on the drivers side ONLY all the way to the rear. They TOO become "hot" meaning current flow, ONLY when the driving lights are turned on. What were they used for originally? My guess is they might have been some kind of night isleway light that were mounted to the drivers side passenger seats. Am I close?

This used to be a seated coach if that helps!

Thanks
Ace
Nick Morris (Nick3751) (65.117.139.135)

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 9:43 pm:   

Ace, I just got Da book on my 3751 and it talks about blue lights on the interior that come on with the rear marker lights. I assume for light in the passanger comparment that wouldn't disturb sleeping passangers. Mine are long gone but the idea may have been used in your coach as well.
Marvin (65.35.116.113)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 7:31 am:   

Ace ,

If you will provide the VIN # , I will look up
the circuit on the factory wiring diagram for your coach - I have all of them by VIN & Production number from Prevost .

Most seated coaches had night lights that stayed
on for passenger safety , unless the driver turned them off .

Ace (24.28.41.194)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 8:43 am:   

Marvin the vin # appears to be:

2p9h33403n1001232

1992 Prevost H3-40

Thanks!
Ace
H3Jim (68.105.103.139)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 11:17 am:   

Ace,

I just took the seats out of my H3-41, and every six ft along the drivers wall, the seats were plugged in to a wiring pigtail. The little blue lights were under the aisle side seats, and just illuminated the aisle enough to see while walking, they looked kind of cool too. They came on with the running lights. The bulbs were regular small wattage, low voltage bulbs that had a rubbery blue vinyl cover that was just pulled over the glass.

Marvin,
I have been trying to get the wiring diagrams for my bus from Prevost since early decmeber. They first sent me a general maint manual, but I already had one of those, it was quite disappointing. Nothing but lip service from parts dept since. I am particularly interested in something that decodes the numbers on the wires that tells me what circuit it is. But the full diagrams would be very nice too. Apparently on these coaches, they don't have a general book thats available, they have to have one made up in the factory or so I'm told. Suggestions?

my vin is 2P9H33411S1001198, 1995 H3-41
email is jim.stewart@cox.net
Jayjay (205.188.209.8)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 9:45 pm:   

Geez guys, I was thinking of upgrading to a newer coach, but VIN numbers that long intimidate me to no end. It took two years to memorize #122 for my 4905! That's right...#122!!!!!! ...JJ
Ace (24.28.41.194)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 10:15 pm:   

Marvin where did you go? LOL I'm down here in the dark waiting for your help! Still looking all over for them lights! :)

Ace
H3Jim (68.105.103.139)

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 12:19 am:   

Jayjay,
Thats a great short vin number. Wht year is that? I guess that means they hadn't built that many of them yet when yours was made?

On the prevost, they usually just use the last 4 digits and one letter. The last 4 is the sequentil build number. In my case its the letter S, about midway through the number. That letter disignate the year of the coach, S denoting 1995, Ace's letter N, denotes 1992. So when I order parts, they just ask me for S1198, Ace would use N1232. (they don't use the letters I, O. Q, U or Z.

The eighth number in the VIN signifies the length (0=40 ft, 1= 41 ft, 9=45 ft, the second letter, the P means Prevost, seems kind of redundant though.
Bandco (64.228.167.140)

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 11:24 pm:   

Ace,
Have you ever 'Visited these Sites?'

** 'Busfan Place' a Complete 'Prevost history'
At:
http://www.busfanplace.com/Prevostpart4.htm

This site from 1915 to Current:
http://www.busfanplace.com/library_prevost.htm

-- Lots of HELPFUL INFO ON DIFFERENT MAKES --
-- DIGITS POSITIONS INFO and OTHER LEADS --
** '(VIN)Vehicle Identification Numbers' at:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/VIN/VINcode.html

Look for 'Prevost' and 'Prevost Car' for the links near the
'BOTTOM OF the PAGE,' this page includes other great leads.

*Take the time and LOOK around, this site as lots of Valuable & Kool Info.
Ace (24.28.41.194)

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 4:57 am:   

thanks but I have been to all of those sites and checked them out already! I was hoping Marvin would have come thru witht he wiring diagram from the VIN # but... Havn't seen anything yet!

Thanks
Ace
Marvin (65.35.116.113)

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 11:02 am:   

Ace ,
I will work on your data as soon as I finish with H3Jim .
His files turned out to be 95MB and will need to be
mailed in CD format .

The entire factory wiring harness with updates
is a little large for my e-mail .

I added 1.5GB of ram , but my ISP says no to such
large files .

Ace (24.28.41.194)

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 5:42 pm:   

Dang, how'd ole Jim get in front of the line when I asked first? :)

Anyway I'd appreciate it asap cause, I aint got no lights...

Ace
H3Jim (68.105.103.139)

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 7:12 pm:   

Sorry Ace, I got impatient and emailed him directly on the chance that he had just not seen our posts, and he was gracious enough to respond.

However Marvin it sounds like Ace has an immediate problem with his lights. I am merely on the verge of creating my own problems as soon as I start "improving" my coach...
Ace (24.28.41.194)

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 10:44 pm:   

Another question...

What would be an acceptable oil pressure, at idle, after about an hour of running in a 8V92 with "supposedly" having 43K miles since being rebuilt or even more miles if thats the case?

My dash electric gauge reads different from the mechanical gauge at motor which I would tend to believe more but, DDEC says same as dash gauge and that's the one that worries me!

Thanks
Ace
Ace (24.28.41.194)

Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 8:10 pm:   

Still looking for help with the wiring Diagram Marvin, if your interested?

Ace

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration