A Personal Disaster, update on DML Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2004 » February 2004 » A Personal Disaster, update on DML « Previous Next »

Richard Bowyer (Drivingmisslazy) (24.196.191.70)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 9:08 pm:   

As many of you are aware, I suffered a catastrophic loss a couple of months ago. Apparently a defective electric heater caught fire during the night and a smoldering fire basically destroyed the interior of the bus. At least the rear bedroom. Severe smoke damage occurred throughout the rest of the bus.

The insurance company declared it a total loss and made a fair settlement with me. Significantly less than what I had invested, but I believe that will always happen with a project such as this.

I tried to buy salvage rights, but the insurance company refused due to their corporate policies and liability concerns.

The salvage rights have been sold to a legitimate salvage yard and the operator plans to pick up the bus when the weather turns nicer here in WV. Probably in March.

The salvage operator is on the boards here quite frequently and heard about the loss thru my initial posting. His plans are to strip the interior as far as necessary and rebuild, so DML in another persona will live on.
Richard
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.120.90)

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 9:28 pm:   

Rebirth! We all like to see a bus restored to it's converted glory.

Was it Randy Fulkerson?

--Geoff
'82 RTS CA
James Maxwell (Jmaxwell) (66.81.32.84)

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 11:34 pm:   

And was he Randy I, II, or III?
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.120.90)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 12:32 am:   

He is actually Richard. Not Bower, but Richard Fulkereson.
Richard Bowyer (Drivingmisslazy) (24.196.191.70)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 8:24 am:   

Catskinner!
Sonnie Gray
Pottsboro, Tx.

Purchased it. I did not post his name until he posted it on the MAC board as I did not know whether he wanted the information public or not.
Richard
Tony (64.215.196.122)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 10:43 am:   

I don't understand why someone Is always trying to run down somebody's business or worst yet run down there name, especially when they don't know anything about what they are talking about, Thanks Richard for posting Sonny's name on the board, I guess now ( Geoff ) will leave Randy out of his conversation.
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.120.21)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 12:35 pm:   

Tony-- whatever in the world are you talking about? Randy Fulkerson's real name is Richard Fulkerson-- I know, I wrote him a check and that is what he told me. "Randy" is a nickname. Jim made a little joke about a past event that involved several "Randy"'s. So what ever offense you have taken here is surely without basis.

--Geoff
'82 RTS CA
James Maxwell (Jmaxwell) (66.81.211.1)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 3:26 pm:   

Thanks Geoff; some people are wound way too tight!!!!
BrianMCI96A3 (69.34.169.42)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 5:09 pm:   

Yep, his name is Richard alright, I bought my 96A3 from Randy.

Brian
Tony (64.215.196.97)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 6:48 pm:   

Sorry Geoff
I read the e-mail's and jumped to conclusions, the way I read them ( Randy or Richard )was about to go down the tubes again with someone running him down like the guy that bought a webasto heater from him and thought that Randy or Richard should stop the world from turning and hand deliver the part he bought, but I was wrong and I am big enough to admit It, Thanks for Correcting me.
Tony
R TERRY (207.230.142.240)

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 12:01 am:   

I think James Maxwell is making fun of ME!
That's Ok, I don't mind.

R TERRY

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration