28/03/24 - 07:36 AM

Author Topic: 4104 window rubbers.  (Read 1210 times)

Offline FAST FRED

4104 window rubbers.
« on: February 10, 2014, 07:27:33 AM »
I have no idea as weather the rubber seals are inside or outside , as there both , so Im posting here instead of in the classified section.

On my sports car 4106 it took a number of years but I was finally able to gather enough  4104 drivers and door opening windows to create an operating set.  Thanks LUKE!

The rubber outside the windows was easy enough to locate , but the stuff between the glass and the frame itself was not to be had.

I went to a CA company and had the rubber created (3 tries !) and finally was able to upgrade my bus.

I have two pieces left  , each 15 ft long ,which is enough to do ONE window from a 15ft piece.

$100 each , post paid in the USA .

First come first served be #1 or #2  or be gone,

USPO money order , or come visit Ortona FL.  PM works.

John316

Re: 4104 window rubbers.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »
Fred,

Someone over on BCM is interested. Their profile hasn't been approved here yet. I just saw it, and thought I would cross post to help him out.

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=27071.15

Cheers

Offline FAST FRED

Re: 4104 window rubbers.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 07:26:09 AM »
Thanks for the heads up , tho the comment

>I believe those windows were original on the 4104s and many 4106 owners used them as an inexpensive alternative to  windows.< ,,, is in error.

I had  installed Peninsula Glass windows and got rid of them.

The qualiry was JR High shop level , did not belong on a 4106.

The big function hassle is the PG window is a mere  1/2 slide , so underway NOTHING comes in to add ventilation to the coach.

BUT  since  the window is in a low pressure area the coach vents OUT a bit thru the unit.
 his means all P traps and the toilet bowl wet spot seal must be filled with  water .

Or there is a toilet aroma, even tho my setup used 2 inch roof vent pipe.

With the 4104 opening windows there is the ability to open the leading edge and at speed a nice blast of fresh outside air comes in , noisy tho.

The rear of the window can also be opened if desired which is a far better vent than just a flat opening.

Low cost was never the reason to ditch the PG units , and spend years locating enough to build up a set of genuine BUS windows , function underway was key.