19/04/24 - 03:24 AM

Author Topic: Permit to bring bus to Canada from Us  (Read 1812 times)

Offline robertglines1

Permit to bring bus to Canada from Us
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
Posting for non member wanting to bring bus from Fla to Canada. I could not answer his Question.   Hope he will join our fold soon.   Bob
98 prevost tripple slide home built

EandWMcKay

Re: Permit to bring bus to Canada from Us
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 12:32:39 AM »
Bob
when is he wanting to pick up the coach?
I am going to Ottawa, ON. Tuesday, and the gentelman bought a coach from the US, I can ask him to pipe in.
Send Me a PM, I call you Oct 11th or 12th.
Bill

Offline Timkar

• 69 Eagle 07
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 01:13:44 AM »
If he is just wanting to get a permit for travelling he will have to get that from fla. He should make sure he gets the insurance in Canada before he picks it up. Hopefully it is on Transport Canada list of vehicles admissible from US.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-importation-usa-vafus-menu-475.htm

HTH....Tim
69 eagle 07
Cawston BC

Desi arnaz

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
Is he a USA resident? If so just go and have fun,if he is importing it that would be a different story.

Offline robertglines1

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »
Do know is Canada resident and is Importing. Can get Insurance in Canada. Will pass info and Link on.  Thanks   Bob

Oonrahnjay

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »
  Do know is Canada resident and is Importing. Can get Insurance in Canada. Will pass info and Link on.  Thanks   Bob 

Bob, Timkar's comment is important.  If the vehicle is not on Canada's official "Approved For Import" list, Customs Canada will stop the vehicle at the border and prevent him from going farther.  I think at that point, his choice is to scrap the bus (under Customs supervision and bond) or send it back to the US.  Any money that he's spent of buying the bus, transporting it, working with a Customs broker, insuring it, etc. is just lost at that point.  It's absolutely necessary that the buyer assure that the bus is on the "Approved for Import" list.  Canada is strict about this.

Offline belfert

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 12:55:42 PM »
The Bossnut got his bus imported into Canada, but he couldn't register it as he couldn't get a letter from the manufacturer verifying that all recalls had been done.  The person wanting to import a bus should verify this.

Offline DaveD

• 1976 MC-8
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 01:11:04 PM »
I got a letter from MCI when I imported by bus, but there was an outstanding recall with regard to the steering arm.  Once I did the recall, I was able to complete the import process and register the bus.  It was not very expensive.

Offline joemc7ab

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »
    R.I.V.

Registry of imported Vehicles is the agency you have to deal with.  If you are speaking with them by telephone whatever is discussed and agreed upon, get the persons employee and file case number so that in case of dispute at the border you will have a ruling on file.
           My last import went smooth and without hassle.
90 XL Country Coach 8v92DDEC-ATEC755cr                                                                                                 Near Edmonton Alberta 780nine 8seven3 two 37

Offline robertglines1

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 05:55:19 PM »
Thanks; I would only hope the guy has read and does follows your experiences. I feel you guys have provided due caution. Thanks again!  Bob

Offline joemc7ab

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 11:23:52 PM »
I wrote smooth and without hassle, but that pertained to the paperwork aspect of it.
       When I (we) drove up to the border crossing, at this point I am the passenger in the truck with the Landoll and my new to me baby on the Landoll the agent at the border crossing asks "are you having a good day?" My answer was "I have had better!!"             (Coolant into the oil pan of the 8/92)

Joe.
90 XL Country Coach 8v92DDEC-ATEC755cr                                                                                                 Near Edmonton Alberta 780nine 8seven3 two 37